County projects ROI in less than one year by reduced vehicle count, added efficiencies
CHANTILLY, VA, August 24, 2017 -- The Gila County, AZ fleet has shed the inefficient use of hand-written logs and spreadsheets to manage their fleet and motor pool in favor of using Agile Fleet’s FleetCommander fleet management information system. The announcement was made today by FleetCommander creator, Agile Fleet.
“We will be able to bring in the data we need to understand the true utilization of our fleet and cut costs by getting rid of unneeded vehicles,” says Shannon Coons, fiscal services manager for the Gila County Public Works Division. “The return on investment will show itself in less than one year.”
“We sometimes touch the same record four or five times for maintenance and billing. So many duplications of the same records is highly inefficient. This is cumbersome and can lead to many errors and extra work for corrections,” says Coons, of the county’s finance department. County staff has been searching since 2013 for the right solution to handle all the information on maintenance and mileage of the 640 pieces of equipment the county owns, including 368 vehicles.
“Our goal is to change these methods and combine our efforts with technology that can integrate with our current fuel program, and push the billing information into our finance program,” Coons says, allowing the county to drop two software tracking programs. She said the FleetCommander software will reduce duplication and increase accuracy. The GPS tracking component of the solution will automatically collect odometer and driver behavior data for reporting and analysis.
FleetCommander will also enable Gila County to:
- Offer drivers online vehicle scheduling capability around the clock
- Offer drivers access to vehicles and keys via a secure, self-service kiosk and key box
- Automatically collect usage data so that vehicles can be rotated, properly utilized, and identify and eliminate unneeded vehicles
- Receive instant notification of late-returning vehicles
- Communicate and enforce fleet policies automatically
- Eliminate paper processes and save staff time by keeping track of who made, approved, changed, or deleted vehicle requests online
- Collect metrics from all phases of vehicle use
- Use vehicle utilization reports to right-size their fleet size and composition
- Save money by eliminating vehicles that FleetCommander utilization data shows are not needed
- Keep track of driver profiles online
- Run reports and do billing automatically
About Agile Fleet
Headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area, Agile Fleet is a fleet management solutions company that serves the government, university, utility, and commercial sectors. Agile Fleet's software, hardware and services enable organizations to efficiently manage all aspects of drivers and vehicles to reduce costs, save time, and improve service. The industry’s best value in fleet management, Agile Fleet solutions delivers extensive functionality at an affordable price. Agile Fleet’s flagship product, FleetCommander, delivers the automated management of fleet maintenance, motor pools, vehicle keys, GPS & telematics, fuel, and risk. Additional services provided by Agile Fleet include seamless integration with other systems, fleet efficiency analysis, in-depth technical support, fleet consulting, and much more.
Agile Fleet solutions are available for direct purchase without the need to solicit competitive bids by states, cities, counties, all government agencies, both public and non-public educational agencies, colleges, universities, and non-profit organizations via the National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA) national contract and GSA Schedule.
For more information, contact Agile Fleet at(571) 498-7555 x1 or visit http://www.agilefleet.com.